The K9 Roof Rack System from Eezi-Awn is a revolutionary advancement in expedition-style racks; it is thinner, lighter, stronger, quieter, more functional, more aerodynamic, more durable, and more aesthetically complimentary to your vehicle than the competition.
Capacity of the K9 roof rack system is broken into two measurements, static weight and dynamic weight. Static is when the vehicle is stationary. Dynamic is when the vehicle is in motion. A dynamic capacity in the range of 500 pounds is possible. A static capacity of 1000 pounds is possible. An example of static load increase would be adding people in the tent on the roof. Please understand these capacities are on vehicles that have modified suspensions designed to manage this amount of weight. They are not a warrantied or guaranteed capacity. Your load capacity will vary.
Installation of this rack system can be done by one person in approximately 1-1/2 hours. Help lifting the platform on the roof would be appreciated. You start by removing the factory roof rack, then attach the K9 mounting rail to the roof, followed by a full set of feet, and finally a platform on top.
The 700mm long rack has a shorter mounting rail that attaches to the front (2) mounting points, and the center mounting point. It comes with (4) feet, (2) 40mm rear feet and (2) 50mm front feet. The 1M and the 1.4M racks use the full length mounting rail, mounting at (2) front points, (1) middle, and (2) rear. The 1M platform comes with (4) feet, (2) 40mm rear feet and (2) 50mm front feet The 1.4M rack comes with (6) feet, (4) 40mm rear feet, (1) 40mm middle feet, and (2) 50mm front feet.
The Eezi-Awn K9 Roof Rack System comes with a complete array of bolt on accessories. Jerry Can holders, Axe mounts, Shovel mounts, Hi-Lift Mounts, Max Trax Mounts, Awning Mounts, Under Rack Table mounts, and much more.Thule & Yakima Compatible
The K9 Roof Rack is also the only overlanding rack on the market that is easily compatible with your existing Thule or Yakima sports bar mounts for bikes, kayaks, etc. With store-accessible 6mm hardware that attaches to the K9's perimeter, your hobbies won't become obsolete with your "old gear."
K9 Roof Rack Features
- Fully Welded 1-3/8"H Low-Profile Platform
- Light Weight All Aluminum Construction
- All Components Are Anodized And Powder Coated Matte Black
- 5-1/8" Wide M8 T-Slot Slats, Running Front to Back
- Semi-Elliptical Bottom Cross Braces To Reduce Wind Noise
- M6 T-Slot Around Top Perimeter With Rounded Top Edge
- 5 Lengths and 3 Widths Of Platform Available
- Multiple Mounting Configurations Including Gutterless/Gutter/OEM Rack Mounts
- Full Compliment of K9 Roof Rack Accessories For Top/Bottom/Side Mount
- Infinite Gear Organization Configurations
- Includes All Installation Components & Hardware